The 84 is a statewide movement of you in Massachusetts who make schools and communities healthier by the challenging the tactics of the tobacco industry specifically aimed at youth. The 84 represents the 84% of youth in Massachusetts who choose to do positive things and NOT smoke. Within the Hampshire and Franklin County area there are 7 active 84 Chapters and recruiting is ongoing.
Why Become a Chapter? Chapters will get:
- Exclusive invites to statewide events and free trainings to learn about tobacco prevention and network with other youth around the state.
- Eligibility to apply for funding to take on a number of tobacco prevention projects
- Opportunity for recognition at the State House
- Meetings with your law makers
- Access to The 84 promotional toolkit with a binder of activity ideas and more
- A custom page on the The 84.org to highlight our Chapter’s successes and get attention
- The chance to participate in statewide competitions and earn group rewards
Becoming a Chapter is easy and free! You can create a Chapter with only 5 youth from your existing group or form a new group, with a supportive adult advisor.
To learn more, log on to: www.the84.org